Edith Mary Lee is a traditional stern Narrowboat, that was built in 1994 Norton Canes Boatbuilders and fitted out by Barry Wren, she is a lovely boat in good condition that would make a good liveaboard.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
The Barry Wren fit out shows off his distinctive craftmanship inspired by yacht building and maximises the cabin space in this distinctive shell.
Overall Length: 62’0”
Plating: 15 / 6 / 5 / 4
Well deck: 5’0”
Well deck with locker storage and seating, glazed wooden deck board and cratch cover over.
The saloon is an open area with freestanding seating. There are corner cabinets and shelving for storage. There is also a fold away dining table.
The galley is ‘U’ shaped and is equipped with a gas eye level oven and grille. A 4-ring hob, a 24v fridge and 240v freezer.
The bathroom is off a starboard side corridor and has a macerator pump out toilet, corner bath with shower over and a ceramic corner sink.
The bedroom has a cross bed that provides a good with bed, there is also a wardrobe and drawers.
Engine Room: 12’3”
The engine room houses a Beta 60 housed in a sound proofed box. The engine room is a good large area that would make an ideal workshop.
Head Room: 6’4”
- Last blacked in Bitumen in 2019
Heating and Water
- Kabola B12 24v boiler – domestic hot water and 4 radiators. Fitted 2008. Last service 2019.
- Engine, Immersion heater and Kabola feeds twin coil calorifier
- 2 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker
- Space and fittings for washing machine.
- Holding tank (75 galls)
- Springmate water filter
- Gas Propane gas system with 4 x 3.9kg cylinders in front deck locker
- Water tank in front deck (250 gallons)
- Alternators: 12V 100A; 24V 200A
- Charges 1 x 100Ah maintenance engine battery and 3 x 100Ah gel batteries (12v) and 6 x 100Ah gel batteries (24V)
- Heart Freedom 20 Inverter/Battery Charging
- Mastervolt 12v/15amp charger (mains or inverter power)
- 24v batteries new 2014; 12v batteries new 2021
- Beta B-60KC (Kubota based). Fitted by Jonathan Hewitt, Union Canal Carriers. Replaced Perkins MC42 in June 2010
- 58hp at 2,700rpm
- Single lever control - Morse
- Standard silencer exhaust
- Skin tank engine cooling
- Instruments: voltmeters 12v & 24v, tachometer, hour meter
- Fuel tanks: 210 litres integral stern tank; 1000 litres side tank (below engine room)
- 2614 Hours
- Last Serviced in 2020
- Single hydraulic pump
- Hydraulic transmission 1:1, Anglian Diesel (Volvo)
- Bow thruster Silette Sonic Sail Drive.
- Manual greaser stern gear lubrication
- Electric bilge pump (switched)
- Hydraulic oil tank in engine room
- Sanimarin pump out toilet (C48 Dual Flush Sanicompact 12v with macerator). Fitted 2006.
- Split level cooker Belling fitted oven; New World 4 burner hotplate.
- Curry’s 700W 240V microwave
- Batts 24v fridge
- Electrolux 240v tabletop freezer
- 2 Elite Furnishings comfy chairs which convert to single beds and footstool.
Fit out Materials
- Sprayfoam insulation
- Brick ballast
- Linings: Cabin sides and hull sides Polyrey High pressure laminate in oak finish and soft marble throughout
- Headlining (ceiling) lined in ash plywood through out
- Bathroom Polyrey marble lining white formica ceiling.
- All bulkheads(partitions) and doors in oak laminate with hardwood oak edging
- Laminate galley worktops with oak laminate shelves and hardwood edging.
- Flooring office style floor tiles throughout. Kitchen/bathroom wood effect vinyl
- Superstructure: Norton Canes distinctive livery sprayed 2-pack. (Paul Whitehouse, Norton Canes)
- Signwriting David Moore
Full cruising kit.