We’re pleased to offer Narrowboat Canada for sale, a boat with serious pedigree. Built in 1998 by Warwickshire Fly Boat Company, costing £120,000 when new. Canada's hull is an excellent ‘5-plank’ josher remake, with all the replica rivets in the right place!
Lying: Nr. Lichfield, Coventry Canal
Canada is powered by a Dorman 3LB, which was fitted in 2020 by Norton Canes Boatbuilders. The engine was fully reconditioned in 2020 by Marine Power Services.
Overall Length: 62’0”
Plating: 10 / 6 / 5 / 4
Well deck: 6’0”
Canada has a long and deep open well deck, the well deck is below the waterline and has been fitted with a sump with an automatic bilge pump to drain any water that comes into the deck.
The saloon is an open area with freestanding seating. There are corner cabinets, and the area is heated by a Kabola Old Dutch diesel fired stove.
There are units either side of the galley, which has a gas 4-ring hob, oven, and grill and a 12v fridge/freezer.
The bathroom is off a starboard side corridor and has an Elsan toilet, a ceramic basin is set into a cupboard unit and a ¾ bath with a shower over.
The bedroom has a cross bed that provides a good with bed, there is also a full height wardrobe.
Engine Room: 7’0”
The engine room houses a beautifully restored Dorman 3LB engine, which has recently been fitted to the boat.
Back Cabin: 8’0”
Canada has a traditionally decorated back cabin, the back cabin is heated by an Epping stove and there is a traditional cross bed.
Head Room: 6’3”
- Blacked 2020
- 4 x magnesium anodes checked in 2020
Heating and Water
- 150gal stainless steel water tank
- Kabola Old Dutch Diesel fired stove with back boiler
- Engine feeds twin coil calorifier
- Epping range in back cabin
- 2 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker with automatic changeover
- Alternator with changeover switch
- 1 x Starter, 4 x Domestic Batteries
- 240v Landline
- Dorman 3LB rebuilt in 2020 by Marine Power Services
- PRM280 gearbox
- Fully serviced in September 2020
- Integral fuel tank built into engine room floor approx. 95gal
- Speedwheel and gearwheel controls
Fit out Materials
- Sprayfoam insulation
- Brick and steel ballast
- Fit out in Oak T&G with maple worktops throughout
- Carpet and vinyl flooring throughout
- Solid brass double glazed port holes throughout
Repainted in 2021
Full cruising kit.