Dora Venus is a boat with great lines, it was the first Tug Style Narrowboat built by Waterways Craft Guild Master Boatbuilder Graham Edgson of Norton Canes Boatbuilders, Dora Venus was built in 1997 and fitted out by Aquarius Narrowboats.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
Overall Length: 60’0”
Plating: 10/ 6 / 5
Steps lead down from the tug deck into Dora Venus’s saloon, the saloon is an open plan area, with a folding table and space for freestanding furniture. There is storage under the tug deck.
There are units either side of the galley, which has a gas 4-ring hob, oven and grill and a 240v fridge and freezer. The galley also has a washing machine. There is access on the starboard side of the galley.
The bedroom has a fixed double bed and a large full height wardrobe.
The bathroom has a Thetford cassette toilet with spare cassette, a ceramic basin on a pedastool, there is a ¾ size bath in a tiled unit with a shower over.
Back Cabin: 8’9”
Resolute has a traditionally decorated back cabin, which was decorated by Waterways Craft Guild Master Dave Moore. The external decoration was also completed by Dave Moore.
Head Room: 6’2”
- Grit blasted and 2-pack epoxy blacked in 2014. Blacking re-applied in 2018.
- 4 x magnesium anodes
Heating and Water
- 120gal Celmar food-grade polypropylene water tank with reinforced internal baffles
- Eberspacher Hydronic feeding three radiators
- Twin coil calorifier heated by Eberspacher, engine and immersion
- Epping range in back cabin
- 2 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker
- Victron 3kW Inverter / 120A Charger
- 1 x Starter, 5 x 110Ah Leisure batteries
- 240v Landline to stern bulkhead
- Beta 38HP engine with Hydraulic drive
- Integral fuel tank built into stern
- Speedwheel and push pull gear controls
Fit out Materials
- Sprayfoam insulation
- Blue brick ballast
- Fit out in Oak
- Solid brass port holes throughout
Tug style narrowboat with traditional decoration by Dave Moore.
Fenders, ropes, shaft, cabin hook, mooring pins, piling irons, lump hammers, windlasses, chains, lifering, mop, chimneys, exhausts, etc.