Dawn Chorus is a 60ft Cruiser Stern Narrowboat with two double bedrooms and two bathrooms built in 2004 by Mike Christian. The boat underwent a refurbishment in 2018.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
Dawn Chorus is currently in the Heart of England Narrowboats fleet and as a result has been regularly maintained. The boat will be available from November once the final hire of the season has been completed.
Overall Length: 60’0”
Plating: 10 / 6 / 4
Dawn Chorus’s well deck is an open area with double doors that lead into the saloon.
Steps lead down from the well deck into the saloon, the saloon has L shaped seating which converts to an additional double berth. The seating can also be made into a dining area with a demountable table. There is also a TV cabinet.
The galley units are on the port side of Dawn Chorus. The galley is equipped with a 4-ring Thetford oven and grill and a Thetford 4-burner hob. There is a Shoreline 12v fridge with an ice box and also a Microwave.
The first bedroom is located off a starboard side corridor and has a fixed double bed with cupboards over and cupboards under.
The first bathroom is located off a starboard side corridor, the bathroom has a vacuum flush out toilet, a ceramic basin that sits on a vanity unit and a shower tray with a shower curtain.
Bedroom 2 is located off the starboard side corridor also has a fixed double bed with shelves over.
The second bathroom is located off a starboard side corridor; the bathroom has a vacuum flush pump out toilet and a ceramic basin that sits on a vanity unit.
Bedroom 3 has two single berths on both sides of the boat and storage cupboards. Steps lead from the bedroom up onto the cruiser stern deck.
• Blacked annual, blacking last applied in bitumen in February 2019
• 4 x magnesium anodes fitted
• Engine and generator serviced at regular intervals
• New stern gear and prop shaft in February 2019
• Galley equipment all new in February 2018
• Full re-paint in March 2018
Heating and Water
• Webasto diesel fired central heating
• Engine and webasto heat twin coil calorifer for hot water
• 2 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker
• Twin 70A alternators
• 1 x 110Ah starter battery
• 4 x 110Ah domestic batteries
• 2000w inverter
• Ceiling mounted LED lighting
• Isuzu 42
• PRM150 gearbox
• Integral fuel tank
• Engine serviced at regular intervals
• Morse engine controls
Fit out Materials
• Sprayfoam insulation
• Paving slab ballast
• Fit out in Oak panels and trim
• Laminate flooring throughout
Cruiser stern deck with taff rail surrounds, open bow area with seating. 2-pack paintwork.
Full cruising inventory to include; Ropes, fenders, windlasses, piling irons, mooring pins, poles, etc.
Safety Certificate: BSSER-314083/16 (expires 28/07/2020)
CRT no 512500