PRICE REDUCED £79,950
Honesty is a unique narrowboat, with an abundance of character and outstanding quality, built in 2011 by Norton Canes Boatbuilders and fitted by Aqua Narrowboats, Honesty was reviewed in November 2011’s edition of Canal Boat Magazine.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
Honesty is a high quality narrow boat with an impressive pedigree that has to be viewed to be appreciated.
Overall Length: 60’0”
Plating: 10 / 6 / 5
Well Deck: 5’0”
Honesty’s well deck has storage lockers which double up as seats; a hatch in the front bulkhead provides access to a further storage locker. 2 x 13kg propane gas bottles are located in the front gas locker.
A step from the well deck leads down into the galley. The galley is in the style of a farm house kitchen with wooden work tops and painted units. The starboard side units have a Nelson two-burner hub with a grill and oven and the port side units have a Belfast sink which has a conventional tap and one with a filter on for drinking water and 12v Shoreline fridge. There are storage cupboards above the galley units on the front bulkhead with attractive stained glass panels. There is additional storage under the front well deck,
The saloon is an open area with freestanding furniture. Heating is provided in the form of an Evergreen stove, which can also be used for cooking on. The furniture in the saloon is freestanding and there is a sofa bed that is included in the sale of the boat. The saloon has a port side hatch which can be used as an entrance; cleverly designed steps fold away when not in use.
The bathroom is a walk though bathroom, the door into the bathroom again has a beautiful stained glass panel. There is a ¾ length bath in a wet walled enclosure and a ceramic bowl set into a vanity unit and the toilet is a composting toilet.
Engine Room: 7’6”
The engine room is a walkthrough engine room with the engine offset by means of hydraulic drive, the engine is boxed in so the surfaces can be used as a workshop. The engine room houses a Beta 43 engine with a Beta Marine Hydraulic drive kit and a Dometic Travel Power engine-driven generator. The engine is controlled with push/pulland speed wheel controls. The boats electrical systems are also housed in the engine room. There is a small washing machine in the engine room.
Back Cabin 11’0”
The back cabin is in the traditional style as you would expect of a back cabin, with a wider 4’ bed. The heating is in the form of a small diesel stove, and there is a small extension to house a wardrobe. The back cabin has been beautifully decorated by Dave Moore.
Head Room: 6’3”
- Blacked in 2016 with Dacrylate 2-pack epoxy
- 4 x magnesium anodes fitted
- Engine and generator serviced at regular intervals
- Boat Safety Certificate TBC
Heating and Water
- 365ltr polypropylene water tank located under front deck
- Diesel fired stove in saloon and back cabin
- Immersion heater and engine feeds twin coil calorifier
- 90/70A twin alternators
- 6No 2v Deep Cycle Batteries 560Ah Bank
- Battery Monitor
- Victron 3kW Inverter/Charger
- Dometic Travel Power Generator
- Isolation transformer
- Ceiling mounted lighting LED lighting throughout
- Beta 43 Marine Engine
- Beta Marine hydraulic drive systen
- Integral fuel tank
- Engine serviced at regular intervals
- Push/pull and speedwheel controls
- 18 x 12”” RH propeller
Fit out Materials
- Sprayfoam insulation
- Engineering brick ballast
- Fit out in Oak with painted panels and ceilings, oak T&G hull sides and solid oak floors.
- Solid oak flooring in galley, saloon and bathroom with painted flooring in engine room and back cabin
Traditional stern with traditional paintwork.
Full inventory to include; Ropes, fenders, windlasses, piling irons, mooring pins, poles, etc.