Kiethan is a 50ft Traditional Stern Narrowboat built in 2004 by Jonathan Wilson and fitted out by Simpson Boats and has been maintained to an excellent standard.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
At 50ft Kiethan is an easy to handle size whilst having a clever layout that gives a spacious feeling of a much larger boat.
Overall Length: 50’0”
Plating: 10 / 6 / 4
Kiethan’s well deck has storage lockers which double up as seats, the area is has a glazed deck board and is covered by a vinyl cratch cover, steps lead down into the saloon.
The saloon is an open area that has freestanding furniture to include a sofa bed. The saloon has storage in the form of shelving and cupboards. The area is heated by a solid fuel stove.
The galley units are ‘L’ shaped and located on the port side of Kiethan, The galley is equipped with a 4-ring Thetford gas hob and a Vanette gas oven and grille. There is a 240v fridge with an ice box. The galley area has a Houdini hatch. The galley has an abundance of storage space in the form of drawers and cupboards.
The bedroom has a fixed double bed with shelves over. There is a large full height wardrobe in the bedroom and shelving.
The first bathroom is located off a starboard side corridor, the bathroom has a portapotti toilet, a ceramic basin that sits on a pedestal and there is a ¾ bath with a shower mixer tap in a tiled unit with a curtain.
Head Room: 6’4”
- Last blacked with International Intertuf 16 in May 2018
- 4 x magnesium anodes fitted, checked at last docking
- Engine serviced regular intervals, last service October 2017
- Boat Safety Certificate to April 2020
Heating and Water
- Solid fuel stove fitted
- Engine and immersion heater feed twin coil calorifier
- 2 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker
- Large stainless steel water tank under well deck
- Twin 50/80A alternators
- 1 x 90Ah starter battery
- 4 x 110Ah domestic batteries
- 1kW Sterling Inverter
- 60A Sterling Charger
- Sterling 40A charger
- Ceiling mounted switched 12v LED lighting
- 3 No Solar panels combined 265w
- Victron MPPT solar controller
- Barrus Shire 40
- PRM150 gearbox
- Integral fuel tank – 160 litres approx
- Engine serviced at regular intervals
- Morse engine controls
- 2950 engine hours
Fit out Materials
- Paving slab ballast
- Kingspan insulation
- Fit out in Ash panels and mahogany trim
- Laminate and vinyl flooring throughout
Traditional stern narrowboat, well deck with cratch cover with glazed wooden deck board. Traditional paintwork.
Full cruising inventory to include; Ropes, fenders, windlasses, piling irons, mooring pins, poles, etc.